Yes! Prior to the official release of the ROCC Assessment online, it ran for an 18 month pilot period in 8 Australian schools. ROCC was also included as part of the clinical assessment and outcome measurement process at Two Way Street (a speech pathology practice in Adelaide).
This 18 month pilot period allowed for input from teachers, speech pathologists, students and parents.
Feedback from users led to:
- Improved and additional descriptors for scoring levels to be inclusive of a wider range of students.
- Changes in layout of the forms and online platform
- The addition of a level 0 on all domains for very emergent communicators, or those who were new to a setting and familiar partners had not yet observed patterns in their communication.
- Creation of new data graph options
- Improvements to training and documentation
- Bug fixes and troubleshooting
Since the pilot phase, the ROCC has continued to undergo changes and upgrades. We like to think of it as a constant work in progress! We seek regular feedback from users each time we conduct training or consultation around scoring and implementation, and this is integrated into our regular updates. Please feel free to contact us if you have any feedback or suggestions.