So you have purchased a subscription to the ROCC. Congratulations! We are excited to have you join our community of people who are eager to implement real and meaningful change for communicators within their setting.
As the key ROCC user for your setting, we call you the data manager, and to help you out, here are the initial steps that will get you ROCC-ing in no time:
- Do the training. If you haven’t already, at least one or two people at your organisation should complete the ROCC Basic Training. Without the training, you won’t have access to the full functionality and graphs within ROCC.
- Watch or share our introductory video, which will talk you through what the ROCC does, how it works, and why it is so useful. You might find it helpful to share with your team as a way to get everyone on board and understand how it can help them.
Watch our ROCC in Schools video here! (ROCC for clinicians video coming soon).
- Read and share our more detailed presentation here which includes outcome measurements, data reports and sample graphs.
- Set up your organisation. This ensures consistent naming of participants and assessment sets across your school or clinic. It keeps your data collection clean and tidy and avoids duplication as you invite others in your organisation to start using ROCC online. Watch our video that will talk you through the steps to set up your organisation.
- Start entering assessments! Once your organisation is all set up, you are ready to enter assessments. Here are a few pointers:
- Assessments can be done directly online, which is the fastest and easiest way to do it. Once entered, a report can be downloaded or printed. To enter an assessment online, click on the Manage Assessments button then Enter assessment. Here are some quick instructions.
- Anyone can enter an assessment, but only trained users can be Assessment Approvers to ensure the data is robust. Only approved assessments will show up in your data graphs so if you don’t see any data in your graphs, go back and check that the assessments are approved.
- If you need to score on paper, then print out a copy of the Manual and Assessment form from the Help and Resources link from within ROCC. Score your ROCC and write your notes on the Comments pages so they can be entered online afterwards. To enter assessment data from paper forms, click on the Fast Assessment button. Here are some quick instructions.
- When entering your assessments, add in as much information as possible such as:
- Examples of the individual’s communication that help you to decide on their score for that domain.
- Ideas or strategies that you think of during scoring.
- Things to follow up so that you can keep track of your to do list for this individual, and check back in later if you need a reminder.
- To score each of the domains on the assessment, it is important to understand the key goal domains and how the information is being used. The ROCC Basic Training is key to doing this.
- At the end of the assessment, the ROCC will generate a profile graph and you will be asked to make your estimate of the participant’s level of communicative competence, Emergent, Transitional or Independent/Competent. For more information, see the Assessment Manual available on the Help and Resources link after you login to the ROCC.
Good luck with these initial steps and your first assessment. Contact us on email@example.com if you have any questions.
We look forward to ROCC-ing with you!